The Arts Program would not exist without artists. Please see below for information about opportunities at SAN for visual and performing artists.
Atrium Suspended Public Artwork: This is an opportunity for an artist or artist team to design, fabricate and install a suspended artwork within the "meeter/greeter" lobby of the FIS facility. This area is where loved ones await and unite with arriving international passengers. The artwork design should be light and airy, and communicate a sense of welcome. The selected artist may consider subtly activating the work with analog kinetic features or including integrated lighting elements. The artwork must be composed of high quality and durable materials that require minimal maintenance.
Estimated Project Budget: $250,000
Glass Partition Wall Public Art Project: This is an opportunity for an artist or artist team to design, fabricate and install an art glass treatment within an approximately 270' x 13' partition wall along the south edge of the baggage claim hall of the FIS facility. The glass artwork must be a functionally-integrated architectural element that brings color and vibrancy to the site while also acting as a translucent screening device. The artwork design may be composed of abstract elements or feature narrative content that unfolds across the width of the wall.
Estimated Project Budget: $900,000
For complete guidelines, eligibility, and to apply, visit san.org/business. Deadline to apply is Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 2 p.m. (PST).
What you need to register:
1. Create a username and password
2. Federal Tax ID Number or Social Security Number
3. Business Category: 711510 Independent Artists, Writers, and Performers. For the Arts Master Plan RFP please use any of the following categories: 541000 Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services, 711000 Performing Arts, Spectator Sports, and Related Industries, 711310 Arts Event Organizers with Facilities, 711510 Independent Artists, Writers, and Performers
4. Once you have successfully completed the registration process, you will receive a confirmation e-mail and access to the site within 24 hours. Also, you will receive notifications of opportunities related to your business category as they become available.
1. Visit san.org
2. Select “Bid Opportunities”
3. Find and select your interested artist opportunity OR type “art” in the keyword search bar
4. Double click on the opportunity and a brief description will appear in the next screen
5. To view the RFQ, select the “Documentation/Attachments” tab and double click on the RFQ underneath “File Name”
6. Enter your vendor username and password and select “Download” to access the RFQ
7. Read through the RFQ carefully and note the eligibility requirements
8. When you are ready to apply, follow steps 1-4, select “Place eBid” at the bottom right hand corner, and enter your vendor username and password. *Follow directions carefully, complete and submit ALL required documents. The artist selection panel will only review completed submissions.
If you are a performer or group interested in booking opportunities, please email your bio, website, and performance sample links to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT: Performing Arts Residency Program
WHO: Established and emerging performing arts groups
WHEN: Submissions due Monday, October 25, 2016 at 5 p.m.
About the Program: The Performing Arts Residency Program provides a platform for the development and performance of new work that simultaneously enriches the airport environment and cultivates the regional performing arts community. This opportunity is a process-oriented residency program open to performing arts groups working in all disciplines including dance, music, theater, as well cross-disciplinary media (digital, etc.).
Questions about this opportunity? Contact email@example.com.
For complete guidelines, download the 2017 Performing Arts Residency Call for Submissions here.